Saturday, February 03, 2007

Cash is The Devil

Cash Games are the devil.

There, I said it.

Last night I had my second highest cash ever, $540 and I am only up about $100 for the week. That is sickening and disgusting. I was playing above my head and was suffering many bad beats. I was playing 50-1 and 1-2 and I was holding my own up and little here and there, but a few hands brought me down. Therefore, I have decided that the next 2000 cash hands I play will be at the .10-.25 level.

I played this morning for 63 hands and some of the play is laughable. After playing the 1-2 games for about a month some of these players are downright terrible. Some players were making good moves, but there were a few guys who are keeping the poker industry afloat. Really that bad. Calling down with Q high, calling pot sized bets on the turn with straight draws out of position, and checking if they missed, calling with 4th pair. Unreal.

So, I will be playing only the .10-.25 cash tables, some low level SnG's (definitely some of the 45 player turbos, I like those) and some low level MTT's. I really like the 180 man SnG's as they offer a good prize pool but only take about 3.5-4 hours.

Heres to hoping.

No comments: