Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Computer


I also just bought a new computer off apple.co.uk


A 24' iMac, 4 GB RAM, 1TB (1000 gigs) hard drive.

Now I currently own a MacBook and it is a super sick machine so I am looking forward to the iMac arriving next week.

For those reading, Macs are not great for poker as there are no poker tracking software programs which are compatible. They only work for windows. Now on my laptop I run a program called boot camp which is free from apple, and is used to install windows on a Mac. I simply boot in and out of windows when I play poker. While in Mac it is a Mac, when in windows it is a windows machine. This is great, but can get annoying at times booting in and out, especially as I dont like surfing or downloading anything in windows for fear of viruses spyware etc. So this time round, with my iMac, I am going to buy a program called VmWare Fusion. This is a program which allows windows to be run while in Mac and simply treats windows as an application. This way I can play poker on windows with tracking software etc running while I listen to music, surf, whatever in my mac without fear of viruses. (Macs dont have viruses or spyware and the past 2 pcs I have had both were hit by viruses which were not cool at all.)

Can't wait for it to arrive!

Should be here a week on Monday. I'll post pics when I get it set up.

Oh, and 12 tabling with no overlap, 16 with a little overlap sounds like fun.

No comments: