Monday, August 28, 2006

Day 1 - First Up...WillHill

Well I just walked home from work and on the way I stopped at a William Hill betting shop and deposited £20.00 into my poker account. However, I just played my first STT on the site and lost to a flush draw. What disappoints me though is that I knew I was beat. I held AQo in the big blind and chose not to raise due to the number of limpers. (Limpers were getting reraised by the blinds and were going all in over the top) The flop was Q high with 2 spades. Into a pot of 120 I bet 85. One caller. The turn was an offsuit rag. I then raised the pot on the turn. He called with the river bringing his flush. I checked and he went all in. I knew he had the flush but with my over eagerness to play I called. Silly play. He had the flush and I have started my goal on a losing mark.

No comments: