Saturday, August 26, 2006

In The Beginning

I love playing poker both live and online and over the years my game has improved greatly. And though I am not ready to quit my job anytime soon, that does not mean I can't take poker seriously.

My goal as of right now is to make 3000 dollars playing single table tournaments on the pokerstars $5.50 tables, the Paddy Power $5.50 tables, and the William Hill £5.50 tables. The pokerstars and WillHill tables are 9 and 10 handed with the top 3 players in each tournament being paid while the Paddy Power tables I will be playing are 6 handed with the top two players getting paid. I plan on multitabling for approximately 1-2 hours a day with an average of 12 hours played weekly. Needless to say, this will take quite a while.

In the past I have done well at this level but I have always jumped to the next level by playing more expensive tables and playing when I shouldn't have been (tired, lack of focus, etc). After starting with a few dollars I have gone beyond one hundred dollars numerous times but my undiscipline always leaves me broke. Through this blog I hope to maintain my goal and enjoy any success I have for much longer then a few weeks.

No comments: