Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Poker, booooooooooooooooo


I made a bunch of money in the last month.

I cashed out $1K, left $1.5K in the account. Got it up to $2.8K doing well, crushing 50NL for like 4ptbb over 40K hands. Doing super well. Then the last 2 sessions have been cruel. Really cruel. Like 'wow, what the hell is going on, how did you stay in the hand with that and hit what you needed and yet improve my hand but but not enough to win', yes, that kind of bad.

This graph is an Ev graph. The red line represents where I should be in terms of making good decisions and getting my money in ahead. As you can see that is $-30 or so. Obviously not good, but ok, $30 I can eat. The blue line represents all-in winnings, but the green line represents what has actually happened, yes, $-650. So I should be, according to math and what not, be down $30, but instead I am down $650. Yes, this has been a fun ride of variance.

I am going back down to 25NL until I get back to $2800. That is a promise.

1 comment:

Geo said...

Sounds like you're doing really well mate. Nice one. You're welcome to come to the new flat for a poker session any time. New flat number 5522201.

Geo