Friday, August 15, 2008

Back to the Grind

Back in Glasgow now. Arrived in late Monday night after the flight was delayed from Sunday evening. We had to get a bus to a hotel and Zoom airlines put us up. Frustrating and tiring, but home so all is well.

Back to work yesterday, no kids though, just staff, the kids dont come till Monday. Then the real work begins. But its cool, I like teaching 75% of the time which is more than I can say for a lot of people at their jobs.

Anyways, on to poker.

I just finished up my first session online in over a month. I played for about 2.5 hours and made $250. $100 an hour is not too shabby for 50NL. I was a bit out of touch early on and was second guessing myself, but 10-15 minutes in I was playing pretty sharp. Nothing extraordinary. I made one bad fold against two players on the river w 99 on a 2J9Q3 three spade board. I folded after a bet and call. Figured one had me beat but it was J6 and KQ so not cool. I played it badly when I checked the flop to the preflop raiser hoping to check raise a flush draw, but he checked and the Q turn slowed me down. I bet the turn but everyone called and the spade hit the river so whatever I guess. If thats my biggest mistake first time back I'll take it.

I am now on $1400 with 79K vpp. I think I am going to wait till I hit Supernova and cash in 100K fpp for $1500 rather than $650 for 50K. I am content at 50NL till then, that way I can get some breathing room.

No comments: