Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Resurgance

Where do I begin?

Well, June was my best ever month playing online poker. I made just over 12K and considering it was mainly 200NL and 400NL, I was quite pleased.

After June, and spending 9 days in Vegas during the WSOP with my wife in early July, I was feeling great about my poker future. I was committed to taking a year off from teaching in August 2010 to play poker full time; conditional on having £30,000 to put into an account for my wife and I. Kind of like getting paid for a years work in advance. Things were good. Puppies were barking, ice cream was flowing, and butterflies danced around my computer.

Then came July, and it brought my first losing month ever since I started this blog. Down 4K.

Then came August and my 2nd losing month ever. Down 3K.

And now in the twilight of September I am down another 2K and about to make it a hat trick of losing months.

It is quite a confidence crusher.

I would like to say it is variance, cold decks, blah blah blah, but at some point I have to accept that my game has not been good enough recently to consistently put up big numbers. And more importantly, my mindset.

I also think that I should start blogging again. Knowing I am going to report on my progress everyday might shake things up and promote better play. I certainly hope so.

I am also going to step back from holdem for a little while and concentrate on PLO. Mainly headsup and some 6max at the 50, 100, and 200 tables.

I am aiming for $200-$250 every session, something that I am definitely capable of and have done numerous times before. I want to start small and set realistic goals.

If I could make 4-5K a month until Christmas, I would be very pleased and would be able to focus on my goal of having a 60K bankroll come the end of June. This would allow me to put money aside, and also have 10K or so to build on. I currently have a $13.5K bankroll but with fpps and milestone bonuses in the next 2-3 months, it is about $20K.

Updates defnitely to follow.

Heres to hoping.

1 comment:

Leonie Daecher said...

Play a huge selection of the best slots no download in the UK for free . You don't need to download any software and there's no registration to play.