Friday, January 02, 2009

Last 2 Weeks

I am currently at my wife's family's house in Dunloy Northern Ireland, but we head back to Glasgow tomorrow morning. I spent the last week at her family's summer home in Donegal which is is the republic. However, there is no internet there so I have just spent 2 hours getting back into some things I missed in the sports/poker/news world.

Anyways, had a good Christmas. Ate too much and slept late. Pretty normal for most.

I played twice while I had internet during my first week of the break. The first was for an hour and I made $115, the second was for about 5 hours and I made $510. My game is coming along nicely and I am trying some new things with my game which are working out...always nice when that happens.

The 2nd week I basically hung out with the wife's family and watched movies. Here are some I can remember.

Layer Cake - great movie, not as good as Lock Stock or Snatch, but very entertaining
In Bruges - Hilarious. Colin Farrell was very good.
The Holiday - Wife loves this film, its alright.
Remember the Titans - Cheesey over the top American football film. How can you not like it?
The 9th Gate - Plot is weak, script is weak, but I always like watching it
The Family Stone - Christmas Movie on tv that I never heard of it and was surprisingly impressed with.
Lucky Number Slevin - Entertaining, but found it tried too hard to be slick and twisty
The Usual Suspects - In my top 5 easy. Seen it over 50 times and still get a chill in the coffee cup scene
Bad Boys 2 - Shit just got real.

Thats all I can think of right now but there is about 4-5 more. All in all, quite a productive holiday.

No comments: