Thursday, September 06, 2007

Rakeback

So I signed up for rakeback through rakebreak.com for Full Tilt. Playing on Stars though fun, was not getting me any rakeback so I was losing out quite a bit.

That being said, last night I 6 tabled the 5cent 10cent tables and I got hammered. Twice I had set under set, I got it all in with KK v QQ on a 26Q flop, and I lost a big pot with AJ v J9 on a J82 flop. Not cool. I also fell in love with top pair on a Q high board and I kept calling. I dunno why. I was obviously behind a set of Q's

All in all, a loss of $28. And considering the new account I started had only $100 on it, I am not happy.

I had no hands stay ahead throughout the session and I had TT, JJ, QQ, and KK about 15 times in the last 1/2 hour of the session and I received multiple callers each time (even when raising it ridiculous) and each time an ace flopped. It was uncanny. I also only had AA twice the entire session, both times winning the blinds.

Yuck. Definitely a session to forget.

I have yet to import the hands into poker tracker, but I am curious to see the results.

PS My new name on Full Tilt is Cabot Cove. A direct homage to that wonderful detective Jessica Fletcher in the timeless show, Murder She Wrote. Cabot Cove was where the show took place. And even though someone was murdered there every week, people still lived there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually I think the rake for NL10 at FT is 10%, so even with rakeback you loose more in rake at FT than at stars... Sorry.

Unknown said...

Poker sites take something out of every pot played and this is what we call "rake". In most cases it is capped at $3. If there are 10 players in a game and the rake is $3 then every player has paid $0.30c in rake for that hand. This is how they make a lot of money out of players and is why they compete against each other for a larger portion on the market.

Can I receive Rake Back at a site where I have an existing account?

____________________
Marvin

At RakeBackCelebPoker.com We Will You Give you a 100% Match Bonus Up To €100 Plus 30% Rakeback for Life! Sign Up Now. http://www.RakeBackCelebPoker.com