Saturday, September 15, 2007

Update on Cash Games


I bought Poker Tracker and Poker Ace recently since I started playing cash games. They are both pretty good programs. I have played about 9000 hands of 5cent 10cent blinds and I am up about $110. I know it is a lot of hands for $110, but I have to start somewhere.

Something that is totally new to me is playing cash games within my roll lol! I am used to being euphoric or miserable after a session as the money involved was more than I could afford. This is much better. I had KK within 3 hands a few days ago and got stacked twice. Once against TT and TJ all in preflop. (yes 1 out) and the other was all in on a flop of 9h6h2h. I put him all in for his stack and he called with QcTh. Yes, he called with a 10 high flush draw. lol. I literally laughed and rebought. It didnt matter to me as I knew I played both hands well and I was unlucky. If I had lost $100 or $200 I would have been devastated.

I hope to update better in the future (I hope to jump to $25 NL as soon as I hit $500) but my school recently updated the internet restrictions and blogspot.com is no longer accessible. So that sucks, but I will make a better effort from home.

All in all. I am liking cash games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i take it you meant that you're heading to the 25 cent (not 25 dollar)tables when you reach 500 dollars. haha. otherwise, me thinks the bankroll management has gone out the window!
also, since i got my wisdom tooth out i'm up 250 dollars in four hours. sharkscope my graph, it looks so weird now, with a neverending peak reaching into the heavens towards my end of the month goal of 3K. i'm sure it'll drop.