Monday, February 05, 2007

Right...WTF?!?!

Right....WTF?!?!

That is what I have been saying a lot recently in the chat box of stars. Let me elaborate.

I have 78 of spades 1 off the button and raise 3x the BB. The BB calls. The flop comes A56. He checks, I bet out 3/4 of the pot, he calls. The turn is a Q. He checks, I bet the pot, he calls. The river is a deuce he checks, I check. He flips over 89...for ace high with a better kicker. He called a pot sized bet (which represented half his stack) on the turn with a gutshot. Right...WTF?!?!

I have AA on the button. I raise, the BB re-raises me, I re-re-raise him, he calls. Flop is a low rainbow 9 high. He bets the pot. I now put him on TT, JJ, or QQ as with KK he would put me allin preflop. I can stack him with a blank turn. Turn is a K. He goes all in for 2x the pot. I call. River is a T, he flips over TT for the set. Right...WTF?!?!

I have AA in mid position and with 2 limpers, raise 5x the BB. The second limper calls me. The flop comes A95 with two hearts. He goes all in for $21 into a $3 pot. I insta call. Turn is a blank, river is a J of hearts, he flips over 23 hearts. Right...WTF?!?!

I have AK diamonds in the cutoff. I raise 3x the BB. The button re-raises me to 8x the BB, the BB then goes all in. I fold, the button insta calls. The board ends up giving me the nuts with 3 diamonds, but the button flips over AA, while the BB flips over 44 for a set and takes the pot. Right...WTF?!?!

Needless to say I have been frustrated. I won a little on Saturday night on the 10-25 tables, but gave it all back and then some on Sunday. Very frustrating.

I also played some SnG's and just couldnt put it together. I was near breaking point, when I thought some heads-up games would give me some clarity. I played 3 $33 matches, 4 $11 matches, and 1 $6 match. I won them all but 1 $33 match and the $6 match in which he outdrew me horrendously. I really enjoyed the games and because I was playing the turbos, they didnt last too long.

I am going to keep playing the $11 games as the standard was quite low thus giving the full table turbos a miss for a few days.

I have learned that my game needs variety, because as soon as my game shows progress in one type of game, I level off. For now I am going to keep playing the heads up games and at the first sign of my performance going down, switch games.

Heres to hoping.

1 comment:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I sometimes get complaincent too mate and my game suffers which is why I try to alternate what I play. I'm thinking of giving myself a separate bankroll for other games as I want to try out Stud for real money and maybe Omaha too.

I saw you visited my old blog on Wordpress today, I don't use that anymore!