Thursday, August 16, 2007

Back in Glasgow

Arrived back in Glasgow Tuesday morning after flying from JFK to Heathrow, Heathrow to Glasgow. I showered at home and then took a cab to school. Two inservice days and today, I am teaching. Crazy.

I am pretty much exhausted but glad to be back in a routine. New York was awesome, had a great time, and camp was a good time. By the way, the roller hockey tournament I refereed, my camp won it fort he first time in eleven years. I was glad to see them win, but it was difficult to enjoy it as I was involved. But afterwards, it sunk in and I was very happy for the kids.

OK, so poker related stuff. I have been playing a little lately on Full Tilt and Stars. Stars I am glad to say have finally gotten heads up cash tables. So I have been having a bash at them recently. I have been doing ok as well. On Full Tilt yesterday I lost a little when a guy went on tilt and pushed in for $35 preflop and I called with tens. He had K6 and the flop and river were both kings. C'est la vie I suppose. But I dropped an additional $25 to the same player trying to recoup the losses. I am going to play some heads up matches first, and then cash games. Just so I dont get too over eager.

Stars balance is now $302, Full Tilt $262, Ultimate Bet $360, and Will Hill $90. The fiancee and I have also been talking about our wedding next summer (July 5th) and we need to be saving money better than we have been. So we are both taking half our wages from New York and setting up an account with an additional £200 per month from each of us. That should give us a pretty good sum for the wedding. So for the first time in my life since I began playing poker, I am going to rely on poker to pay bills. I figure I can make $25 per day on poker as long as I stay disciplined and focused. That amount is basically winning four heads up matches at the $6 level which I know I can do with regularity.

Oh, and my friend Mike is coming to visit next Friday for 2 days before he returns to Canada for school. He has been dating an Irish girl for a few years now so he spent the summer there. Im not sure what the odds would be, but I lived with four guys in college, and two of us are now dating Irish girls. I would say, considering we had never been to Ireland and we are both Canadian, they would have been pretty long.

No comments: