Monday, August 20, 2007

Monday Morning Quarterback

Played a little this weekend. Nothing major, but being back in Glasgow does allow me to play more than New York so it is a welcome change.

On Friday night I played some cash on Full Tilt and Stars. I lost on both which was yet another reminder to not play cash. So on Saturday I planned on playing heads up sngs and maybe a few full tables ones as well. I began by winning a $13 six seater which was a nice way to start then I won five consecutive $11 heads up games. Not bad at all. $55 profit in about 1.5 hours. Then the 6th game I lost which pissed me off. He hit every miracle card he could and then I pushed with A2 and he called with A9 (blinds were big) I hit a deuce on the flop and I thought justice had prevailed, but a nine on the turn erased any justuce I felt I was owed and thatw as that. I dropped down to $6 heads up games and won two before siging off. A good session. On Sunday I played some more heads up winning four of six but one of the losing games was a $11 while the wins were only $6 so a little profit, but to be honest I was just chilling out watching Bourne Supremecy and didnt mind.

My heads up game is getting stronger every game I play. I rarely lose two in a row and if I get a lead I usually keep it. One major change I am making is folding marginal hands preflop when I am out of position. It is amazing the hands people will call with out of position both preflop and on the flop. And also, especially at the $6 level, if they check the river after check calling flop and/or turn nine times out of ten they fold to a pot sized bet on the river. I am not saying it is fool proof, but I cannot count the number of times I bet with air on the river and they insta fold after checking.

I really enjoy the heads up sngs, and hopefully I can stay focused enough to solely play them.

Hoping to play some more tonight after going to the gym.

No comments: