Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Rolling

Played a little last night.

Played a $6 18 man turbo, got nowhere and pushed A4 into QQ. Yawn. Then played a 12 man $13 six handed sng. I got third for $28, when I should have won it. I was at 10K to 4K and 3K and got third. I was too aggressive with QT on an ace high flop and then lost a coin flip to exit. Really disappointed with that result as it was $72 for first and I had it. 10K of 18K chips in play and I lost it. Damn.

Anyways. I was at work today and at lunch time I was looking on the 2+2 forum and saw a heads up section. Since Stars put heads up cash games, heads up has exploded, and 2+2 made a forum. (not sure if heads up forum is a direct result of Stars new tables as the forum I think came first, but from reading some posts, it definitely increased the traffic on there) Anyways, I really enjoyed reading some of the posts and there are definitely some players on there who post that I could learn a lot from. Anyways. As I was on the train home I got an idea. Instead of bouncing around, I am going to try and play 100 heads up matches at the $6 turbo level. I figure I should win around 80 of them as I usually win around 80% or so, give or take.

So if I play 100 games, that is $650. If I win 80 of them, that is $960. A profit of $310. Not a bad payday if I can manage that level of success.

So far I have played five since I got home and I am 5-0. Not a bad way to start. This is usually where I go unhinged though, (game number 6), so I may not tempt fate tonight and just wait till tomorrow. I'll see.

Mike comes Thursday from Canada, pretty pumped to see him and to talk poker. I truly believe that if Mike and I lived close to one another (ie same city or town) we would both be making solid money online. As it stands, we play small stakes sngs lol.

Some day...

No comments: