Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day 4 Results

It was a banner day here at Knightsridge Online Poker Central (my living room table). I played a whopping 11 Sit n Gos (a lot considering I do not multitable, although I did play 2 at a time a few times as I had built up a few chip leads and stealing the blinds was useless as they were 15/30 or 25/50). That being said I am hoping to play a few more tonight.

Some very strange goings on today. Bad beats galore as well as inflicting bad beats, all even in the end I suppose. I had one guy heads up say that I deserved to win as a result of my stellar play during the sit n go, and after I raised on the river he went all in with nothing...nothing. I called and he said he didnt deserve to win after I played so well. Have you ever heard of that? Weird. I'll take it though. I had my first KK run into AA preflop which was a messy encounter for my Kings to say the least. I also had a fantastic comeback from 95 chips when the blinds were 75/150 with 6 left to take it down. (see hand history below) That was a massive rush.

As far as my play is concerned I am getting much stronger using position and my stack as weapons. When it gets to 4 or 5 handed I am absolutely crushing most of the tables. I did bubble twice today, but it was from two clear mistakes I made which I knew were mistakes as soon as I made them. I am also laying down big hands (AK, 99, TT, JJ) in a few key spots where I know I will be called with a reraise. I am controlling the table in its late stages a fair share of the time. To go with this my heads up play is also improving greatly. Four times I was in the final two and three times I won. The fourth was a back and forth match against a very good player. We were heads up quickly, and with the blinds pretty low (75/150), it made more postflop play possible. He was a good player and I learned a few things not to do.

I am nowhere near as good a player as some of the others on the Blonde Poker Fourm but my game is coming along nicely. I didnt think I would would feel as comfotable at the table so early on, but only playing these SnG's has made me see a lot of moves and advantages I never saw before when I was hopping from game to game.

All in all, a great day online.

STT's played - 11

1st - 3
2nd - 1
3rd - 3 (A bit disappointing to have so many thirds but I took chances to get first so I can't complain)

P-Stars account $104.54 triple digits....I love it!!!!

2 comments:

Mike Belding said...

my last 5 (all 3.40 ten seat turbo) include 1 win and 2 seconds. heads up i'm having some trouble, but otherwise it's been a profitable level.

Knightsridge said...

I dont like the speed tourneys because I find by the time heads up starts, the blinds are ridiculous and it is basically luck to who will have the best hand hold up. At the 5.50 level, I get to heads up at about 100/200 maybe 100/200 with 25 ante. That leaves me 10-20 minutes of solid heads up play making postflop play possible. By the time it gets to 200/400 though, it does make the swings quite big.