Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Friday Tourney and weekend SnG's

Well.

Friday's tourney started with 54 players with 10,000 chip stacks. I started slow with no real action. I got aces once and reraised a player and a limper, took it down. Hit a set and it turned into a full house against a nut flush so I doubled up there, got JJ all in versus A9, Ace on flop but jack on turn, nice pot. I was cruising along and then I moved table to a pretty passive table. Oh the possibilities. I must have raised 60% of the pots and my stack just grew with no real danger. I took down more uncontested pots then I have ever have in live poker. My stack grew and grew and before I knew it we were hand for hand to get to a seven handed final. When the bubble burst I had about 135,000 chips with 540,000 chips in play, and I was chip leader. Nice. Here is where my problems began, and they had nothing to do with poker. The final table began at about 2:30am. I was flying to Ireland at 7:00am with my girlfriend to spend the weekend with her parents. No problem right? Wrong. Fast forward to 3:30am and there are still 7 left. I had announced numerous times throughout the night that I was on an early flight and about this time realised that if I didn't take chances I would be a short stack with no time to play it.

I raised with KT suited UTG (something I would never do), and then called an all in (again something I would never do) and lost to AT. Then went all in with 86s in the SB and was called by the BB with A9. I hit a 6 on the turn (sorry Steve, well played mate) and he was down to near nothing. As time went on and I pushed every once in a while, my stack was growing but the number of players stayed the same.

At 4:15 the fireworks started when no deal was wanted but I had no time to play as my girlfriend had called to say she was packing for me and that the taxi would be at the club soon to go to the airport. I then announced "I gotta go, I am going all in blind every hand to knock people out or get knocked out myself." All in blind with 47 and called by AA. The board came 45789 and he was not happy. Next hand all in with QK against AT, K on river and we are down to 4. I went all in with 85 called by AJ. 5 on the river, down to 3. I continued to go all in blind and they were folding, amazing the power of luck isn't it? I would say I moved in blind 10 times and never lost a hand. I was then called however by the other two stacks and the better hands held up. I was glad my stack was divided among the other two to allow for poker rather then a major chip leader due to 2 lucky hands. They ended up doing a deal for first/second (350 and 325) which was a bit disappointing as I wanted a 4 way deal but c'est la vie.

All in all, a good night, a bit too bad it finished like it did, but those watching had a good time. I know I could have won the game when it got to 4 handed, but then again the other players are very good. I am looking forward to the next game very much.


Live roll - £172 prize money (minus £25 entry, £2 registration fee, £15 taxi, £1 water, £5 dealer tip)
= £124

Played one SnG over the weekend in Ireland (not much time and I wasn't feeling great either). When it got to three handed I had over 12,000 chips and they had 200 and 900 each. Bit ridiculous as they were folding to get second and they each never played a hand after I raised. I got first to state the obvious.

P-Stars account - $157.54

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very well played andrew, shame how it decended into a farce. if im ever in that situation again with bob and he wants a deal im gonna point blank refuse after what happened to you that night.

cambo

Knightsridge said...

I was a bit disappointed with no deal but at the same time I understand why. I dont want to tell you what to do, but I for one will be against any deals involving a few people based on that night. One in paticular.