Thursday, June 07, 2007

Donkeys

Yes I encountered plenty of donkeys last night. A ton of them. Where do I begin?

First tourney - Head Hunter tourney on William Hill. I dont play a hand for 20 mins. Then I get JJ in late position. Mid position raises 3x bb, one caller. I go all in for about 12bb. Original raiser folds, caller calls. He flips over....wait for it.....K3s. Flop brings a K and I am done. Well played donkey.

At the same time as the head hunter tourney, I went in a double shoot out sat for the Sunday Warm Up on Stars. $11 entry with 3 entries. I win my first table and then with 7 left and me in 4th place, I get AKs. UTG I raise, BB thinks and thinks. He pushes all in. I have him covered by a little. What did he have...wait for it....A9o. How a player can win his first table, and then put his life on the line with A9o against an UTG raiser I will never know. But the turn is a 9 and I am down to 2 bb. I push with A6s next hand and get called by QQ. Well played donkey.

Tourney number three - UB bounty tourney. I get KK early and get it all in against AQo. I hold to get an early double up. Things look good. A little later I get it in with AQ v AJ. J on river and I am back to where I started. Then with blinds at 50-100 and 2 callers of 100, I push for 1500. Folded around to first limper, he calls for his life with AQ. Flop brings a Q, I am gone. Well played donkey.

Tourney number four - Full Tilt $10 tourney. I get AA and make it 3x BB on the button. BB calls. Flop is A53. I bet 1/2 pot after he checks. He calls. Turn is a J. He checks. I bet pot. He calls. River is a 7. He goes all in which is about 3/4 of the pot. I make a crying call and see 46o. Not a terrible play by him as if he believed I would call if he hit then his implied odds possibly warrant it, but in his shoes, I fold. So no donkey star for him, but a curious look of bewilderment perhaps.

All in all, I was frustrated to lose as I did, because I would have loved for a big cash. And I really would have loved to win a Warm Up seat for $215. I am going to play more tonight as the fiancee is going shopping with friends. So if all goes as planned, gym, then poker.

Heres to hoping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm some serious donkage going on there. im having same luck as you on the virtual felt. 4k game on paddy power last night. ive been 3 outered twice and have 10bb left half way through the tourney. mid position limps im on the button with qq folded to me i push-blinds fold villan calls for his life with kj. this is my new pet hate ppl callin off all there chips and beating me.

ill probably be playing cincins tonight if you fancy a wee % swap? let me know anyway . good to see ur back safe and sound.

cambo