Monday, June 25, 2007

When The Dog Is Smiling...


...good things are happening.
I have been playing pretty good recently and I am currently sitting on $240 on Stars. I won a 18 man $6 turbo as well as a few $6 six handed sngs. I also played a 45 man $5 sng coming 6th. I was chipleader with 6 left with 2nd place in chips to my left. Blinds were 800-1600 and I had a stack of 1600. Yes chipleader, but in no way safe and content. I get AJo and put the bb all in for his life of 8.5k. Unfortunately, the sb, second in chips flat calls me. Damn. Flop comes Q73. He checks. Now I know that he has only 4K left, but at the $5 level, being pot committed does not always come into it. So I ship it all in praying he folds. He calls with 33 and his set obviously wins. Now why on earth did he basically put his life on a hand where he is at best a coin flip. I couldnt believe he called preflop. Why mess with the one player who can eliminate you? So I type in 'wow, you put your life on 33'. Next hand I get AK and double up v the same guy's 55. Very next hand I get 66 and ship it in again. I am called by AK and it hits an A and I am down to near nothing. This is where it gets funny. Another player, not involved in any of these hands then says 'well you put your life on 66'. Obviously frustrated I type in 'I moved in with 66 idiot...he called with 33...calling and moving in are different things' He didnt reply. It gets folded to me in the sb and I ship in my remaining chips with A2. BB wakes up with AQ and I am gone. I have to play at low levels, but the players are just so bad. Yes I know that is a good thing, but to play for almost 2 hours and lose when a guy puts his life on 33...frustrating.
I also played a tourney on UB, 6 handed, 72 entries paying top 6. I ended 9th when 88 was no good v 44 all in preflop. I win that and I am going nicely. I am currently sitting on $360 on UB.
Full Tilt I have not played much on recently. I have about $240 on there.
William Hill I played a little a few weeks ago but nothing recently. I have about $100 left on there but rakeback will be coming soon.
All in all, some nice progress. I am hoping to get above 300 on Stars, maybe even $350, before I leave for NY in 4 days.


1 comment:

LeKnave said...

Ul get a break one time! Keep grinding the roll.

Have fun in NY.