Saturday, June 09, 2007

Will Hill Head Hunter Tourney

Went to the gym this morning, felt pretty good afterwards. I like working out in the mornings as it makes me feel productive. And what better way to feel even more productive on a Saturday then to play poker. My thoughts anyway. I just finished a Head Hunter tourney on Will Hill. I like these a lot as I can make money by knocking people out and it puts a fun spin on hands early on.

I do well early on, knock a few people out with AK and then again with AA. I plod along and stay out of trouble. I bluff an aggressive player on a blind on blind battle and I am playing well. With 265 starting and 15 left, I dont catch any hands and there were some big stacks raising alot who would have called me, so I had to fold. In the end, I was blinded down and found AQ. I stole the blinds. Two hands later, I get AT and move in. I get a caller in A8. Flop is 6JK, turn is a 6, so we are in a split pot barring a QT or 8. Yes, the river is an 8.

I am so close in these tournies, I am just missing that key hand late on. Too bad, I would have loved to get to the final table and see how far I could have got. 12th is not bad though I guess, next time.

No comments: