Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New York and The Next 10 Days

Well I leave for New York in ten days and I am extremely excited. I have worked there for the past six summers and I cannot wait for number seven.

I work at a childrens summer camp called Camp Summit which is in the Catskill Mountains near a little town called Wurtsboro. I basically play sports and games all summer with a few nights off each week to a local hole in the wall with a jukebox and pool table. It's a good time.

The fiancee is also coming where she will teach drama and do plays with the kids. I used to teach tennis, then I moved on to roller hockey and now I am in a kind of supervisor role which oversees the boys on camp. A good friend of mine Francis, is the other person in charge of the boys and its a pretty good laugh. People seem to think we are important for some reason, but we both know better.

In the meantime I am trying to pick up my Stars account to some level of respectability. I had it going well but some ill advised cash games left me dwindling. Really upset at my choice of games; one night and that's it.

So for the next 10 days before I leave (actually eleven days as I began last night) I am hoping to get my Stars account to $250. I currently stand at about $105. I am going to play $6 heads up matches until I get to $160 and then $10 heads up matches until I get to $250. I know it does not seem like a lot, but it is most definitely a grind as I only play one match at a time. Any more than that and I lose the feel for the game and it becomes more like whack the mole than poker. Multi tabling is cool for turbos, but not heads up where the game is more than pushing botting.

Last night I started and played ten $6 matches. I was 7 wins and 2 losses before I played my final game. I had him down to 500 chips but I was in too much of a hurry to win and lost the match. Not cool. So I now stand at 7 and 3, which is not good enough. I should be atleast 8-2 possibly 9-1 at that level. I intend on doing better tonight.

No comments: