Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Fitness and Tonight

I have been going to the gym for about 5 or 6 weeks now trying to not let myself get to out of shape. In high school and university I was quite active playing sports and so I was never really 'out of shape'. But recently I know that my fitness is not what it should be, so while home in Canada I made an effort to get back into it. I started going to kick boxing training with my little brother (though only 16 he is in incredible shape), I was lifting weights in my basement, and trying to eat better. While my fiancee and I were apart for that 6 weeks, she was getting in shape back in Glasgow. She lost a stone in that time and she looks fantastic as she was not big at all to start with anyway. Her and I are trying to get in shape both for our personal well being and the dreaded wedding pictures which will be taken next summer, July '08.

How does this tie in with poker you ask? Well it has been proven that physical well being promotes better thinking and a positive frame of mind. Two tools very important with poker. Not only will I feel and look better but I hope my poker game will progress as well.

After work today I am going to go to the gym for about an hour, then return home and play a bunch of MTT's. It is been awhile since I played one and I am excited to sit down and invest some time. The fiancee wanted me to tone down the poker I play but she is ok with one or two nights a week. And because Wednesday night is the night she goes swimming some friends and then they make dinner and watch Big Brother, it fits in nicely.

I may even put up a few updates as I play tonight. I have neglected this blog these past few weeks, and I would like to get back into it.

A big cash is on its way tonight.

Heres to hoping.

2 comments:

Mike Belding said...

i don't know if physical fitness will help with your poker game. true, exercise will improve your mental state as well, but i'm looking at pictures of famous poker players right now and let me tell ya, there's a reason they play in dimly lit rooms.

Knightsridge said...

I am thinking Hansen and Antoius rather than Raymer and Moneymaker.