Monday, June 11, 2007

Stars Heads Up Tourney

167 runners. $20 entry

I got a bye in the first round.

My second round opponent was ok. We basically sparred for a little while and then we got it all in, my TT v his AK. The TT held and soon after I won when he had a couple hundred left and my A5 held v his QJ.

My third round lasted all of 3 hands. He won the first hand for 40 chips, I won the next hand for 40 chips, then I had AK in the bb and he raised it to 60. I did a massive overbet to 500. He re-raised all in for 1500 and I insta-called. He had AQ and he hit nothing. I am now guaranteed $33 for a profit of $11...but I want the $900 for first!

My 4th round match went well. I got an early lead and didnt let up. I tried not to play large pots, just try and smother him. He fought back a bunch of times, but he never broke even. I had him all in with 77 against his A3 but he hit. The final hand was my JJ v his A2. There was a little drama with a 235 flop giving him 9 outs, but he missed them all. Now assured $50.

My 5th round match (round of 16) my opponent was pretty good. He played well and on more than one occasion called down with K high. Both being wrong, but he went with his read which I have respect for. He started to get aggressive at the end, (a little too much in my opinion) which was his undoing. I hit QQ and he raised I reraised and he flat called. The flop was T73 and with 650 in the middle, I put him all in for his last 300. He called with 78s and he missed his 5 outs. Now assured $116.

I just played a fantastic game of heads up poker, and I lost. I was down early and fought back to take the lead. I had him down to 385 chips. He doubled up with A7 v my A6 and then this happened.

This hand cost me the chance at $900 and an assured $267 from getting to the final four.

PokerStars Game #10387022097: Tournament #52339325, $20+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round VI, Level III (25/50) - 2007/06/11 - 17:49:14 (ET)
Table '52339325 3' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: oahi5 (870 in chips)
Seat 2: Knightsridge (2130 in chips)
Knightsridge: posts small blind 25
oahi5: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Knightsridge [Jd Qh]
Knightsridge: raises 50 to 100
oahi5: calls 50
*** FLOP *** [Qd Qc Th]
oahi5: checks
Knightsridge: bets 100
oahi5: raises 600 to 700

Knightsridge: raises 600 to 1300

oahi5: calls 70 and is all-in

*** TURN *** [Qd Qc Th] [8c]
*** RIVER *** [Qd Qc Th 8c] [Ah]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
oahi5: shows [Ks Js] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
Knightsridge: shows [Jd Qh] (three of a kind, Queens)
oahi5 collected 1740 from pot

After that hand he hit a lot of cards and I made one bad call late in the game. In the end, his A2 was too much for my QJ.

So disgusted right now. I just cannot get over that one last hand to carry me through. I played that hand so well too. Just so disappointed. I really think I could have won it all.

In the middle of the last game I was playing incredible poker. I knew where he was every hand. I bluffed him a few times and I knew exactly how much and when. I had him cold. Unfortunately pokerstars did not see it that way.

God damnit..

No comments: