Thursday, October 12, 2006

Gulp

Well the day after a pleasing performance in a 180 man SnG that helped my confidence, how do I respond? Why finishing out of the money in my first 12 SnG's of course. I know, terrible. I had bad beat after bad beat that I know is just variance rearing it's ugly head, but still, it is terrible for a player to endure. Everytime I had KK I would raise and an ace would fall. If I went all in with TT or better, I was being eaten alive by three outers. And AA, why A3, 77, 8T, and 22 were too much. I know, I checked my hand histories. So I took a break and composed myself. I read some Sklansky and calmed myself. I took a shower and then put on my favorite hoodie with my ipod blaring. I told myself I would play one more set of four and to make it count as they were the last games for the day. I managed two firsts, a third, and an outdraw (which is fine as I outdrew a few people as well). I was quite pleased and it made me determined for tomorrow.

Here's to hoping

Pokerstars Balance - $326.54 (Yes I went down, but I finished strong which is what I am choosing to take from the day)

2 comments:

Mike Belding said...

what blows worst about writing exams is that i have zero time for poker. my account has been status quo between 285 and 300 for the past month. the horror. keep up the winning, so you can blow it all on one giant 500 buyin tourny. you know you wanna!

Knightsridge said...

nope, I am balanced and controlled, although I think a foray into a sunday millions qualifier is in the near future.

Mike, fail the exams, fly to Scotland, live with me, play poker. What's not to like?