Monday, October 02, 2006

Money for nothing...is there a better statement in poker?

Well as I promised to do in my first post, I would play only 5.50 SnG's on stars but I would play freerolls on other sites hoping to make a roll to kind of 'unwind', if you will, from the stars' structure.

Last night I played in a freeroll tourney on The Rivercard, a site on the same network as Doyles Room and Paddy. It is a great little tourney and I was fortunate enough to get 2nd place and the $25 to go with it. I cannot wait to start playing some little SnG's on there to build up the roll. I like the graphics and the dark background on The Rivercard, and for whatever reason I am confident playing there; last night was no exception. I never had AA,KK,QQ or AK the entire tourney yet I was taking down major pots with well timed bluffs. It was so much fun, and although I was not a popular person in the chatbox, I will get over it.

I will still be concentrating on Pokerstars primarily, but a change of venue I think will help in the long run. Here's to hoping.

1 comment:

Forward Looking Canadian said...

thought I'd swing by see what's happenin'.

Although I don't understand the lingo involved, you know I love poker!

Right now I'm sittin' here in my room, working on a research project, and what comes on the TV.... the STEVE HARVEY SHOW!

Good memories eh? ha