Sunday, October 01, 2006

Where are all the puppy dogs and butterflies?

Well after progressing nicely these past few weeks with my roll slowing building, the past few days saw an end to that. I have played 14 SnG's since Thursday and in those, I have managed 2 firsts and a second. I know it isn't catastrophic or anything, but still, it hurts. My decline is a combination of 2 things, bad luck and bad play. My bad play however is a direct result of loss of confidence. My loss of confidence is a direct result of bad luck. I am waiting patiently for it to leave. Hurry up bad luck.....LEAVE!!!! NOW!!!

I am not going to sit here and go on about my bad beats because they are part of poker and I know that. That doesn't make them hurt any less but still they are a part of the game all players must deal with.

Anyways, I have started reading some old books again just to refresh my knowledge and to build up my confidence again. Here's hoping it works.

Pokerstars balance - $156.54 (not emergency or anything, but still, my first recorded loss, not cool)

1 comment:

Mike Belding said...

harrington is full of great quotes. if it wasn't for his shark eyes and hideous exterior, he'd be a mainstay on poker shows.
macneil, i'm still adament that you need to play turbos. the players are more impatient, weaker, and you can make more money faster. i had stagnated around 185-205 for over a week at the 5 dollar level before moving up, and have finished 4th or better in 8 consecutive without getting anything close to monster cards. try it!!