Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Housekeeping and the Future

Well, my parents left for Canada this morning after a ten day visit. It was great to have them over although I think I gained about ten pounds in that time. Whatever. On to poker.

I started playing a few SnG's on Saturday morning, but instead of playing the 6.50 turbos, I wanted to ease back in so I took a step down and played two 3.40 turbos. Just as I suspected my mind was not as sharp as it should have been and I called an all in reraise with QK. Silly. The other one though, I won. On Sunday I played my normal 6.50 turbos and fired up two rather then four as it seems I always end up throwing one of the four away. I got lucky in one of them and ended up winning both. Thanks very much I'll take $41 profit in forty minutes. That night I played another two and made a silly mistake in one on the bubble when I was chip leader and got unlucky in the other. In the mistake I made, the table was quite fast getting down to four handed quickly, so the blinds were still at 100-200 but I was playing my bubble poker. Suited for a 200-400 table. I ran A6 into the second chip leader's AK. I managed to scrape back to a medium stack but fell in love with KJ after the chipleader flat called. Again, silly. I will need a little more time to work out some kinks, but I think I am back on the road to '$1000 by Christmas'.

Here's to hoping

Pokerstars Balance - $371.54

PS I think I will be playing on Friday at the Cincinnati Club for their end of the month tourney. £75 buy in, starting stacks are 15,000 with blinds starting at 25-50 and the levels lasting half an hour. Tremendous amount of play and it suits my game well.

No comments: