Friday, March 09, 2007

Last Night and This Weekend

Last night I didnt get to play for very long. The fiancee is going away for the weekend so we had some 'us' time. Watched some tv as well as some episodes of various shows on my laptop which she loves that I downloaded for her.

Anyways, I did get to play a little; four 10 pound thunders and a 30 pound thunder. Here are my exit hands in the 10 pound thunders: 84 v 89 all in on a 842 flop (9 on river). 77 v Q6 all in preflop. Q on flop. AK v AA all in pre. A3 v K3 all in pre K on river. Very annoying. However, in everyone of them except for the 84 hand, my chips were in first. Just unlucky, and in the longrun I will do better. In the 30 pound thunder it got down to headsup and I had a massive lead. Then he doubled up with QJ v my A8 (I called his allin, and I dont think I should have) and then the worst hand when he doubled up to take the lead was when I moved in with 79 on a 78T flop, for bottom pair and an open ended straight draw. He called, he CALLED! with 56. He hit a 9 on the turn. He had 7 outs and hit one. He doesnt hit and I win. Next hand I pushed with 44 and he called with 69. 6 on the turn. He got lucky in each of those hands, but I still made a little profit. Although it is a bit weird on Will Hill as in the six seaters, the winner gets 4.5 x the entry, while the second place gets 1.5 x the entry, rather than 4x and 2x. Not a massive difference but makes first place so much better. When we were heads up we were both guarunteed 45 pound, with the winner receiving an additional 90 pound. (180 dollars) quite a big jump for a few hands.

Now as I said, this weekend the fiancee is going home to Ireland. Which means, I am playing poker ALL weekend. I am sooooo excited. I love my fiancee but a weekend of poker is a great way to spend a few days apart. I am playing football (soccer for any North American readers) after work today with some staff and students, and then I am home. I am going to clean the flat first though so I can concentrate better and then play some. Even though I want to play the entire weekend, I want to stop myself from playing too much at a time. I may impose a mandatory break every few hours to avoid tilting, bad play, indifference etc.

I may also do updates through the weekend as I am playing instead of one big update on Sunday.

Heres to hoping

1 comment:

Danny said...

Hi, just to reiterate.....soul destroying.
I love the game (ask the Mrs shes forver telling her muckers that she has lost me to poker!) But at times have found the low limit cash a maddenning grind.....you know what I mean, lose 4 buy ins and that panic starts and you start to qusetion yourself etc...did you know i played cash on billys for a year without rackback, what a mug! In that whole year i came out £976 in profit, maybe it would have been more with rackeback..I wonder how much? iam intrested in this blog, because I may be tempted to open a billys account mtself and get rackeback, but i love my "roll" all on one site it helps me focus better, just thinking can I leave stars !!!!????
I love Mtts as a member of pokerxfactor and dont really no much about the Mtts on billys( I played a few a long time ago, but hated the 10 min structure)
If you are really trying to become a good cash player YOU have to join cardrunners, it will change your game .
Enjoy your blog among the many I read and good luck with the 6 pacs although playing a £30 one is not really GOOD bankroll managment is it?
Maybe i see you on billys soon!