Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Discipline and Patience

I have shown neither.

I was plodding along well on Full Tilt playing SnG's until last night when I jumped on and starting playing cash. Silly mistake (my rakeback on William Hill is better so I really am costing myself money) but I just wanted a change of scenery to be honest. It didnt go well and I ended up losing a little. Bad play on my part including calling a large bet with JJ on a Q high flop. Silly mistake as I would also need to call a turn and river. I folded on the turn and logged off.

On William Hill I was experiencing some bad beats. I was stacked with AK v AQ all in pre for $30 and a little later with QQ v KK (which I sooooo should have layed down) for another $25 or so. So, I am posting this to force myself to become more patient and disciplined. Poker is a journey not a destination (deep eh?) and I am trying to make the road as short as possible. Not good.

So: I have $276 on Full Tilt. I am going to play eight SnG's a day on average, with fifty-six being my weekly goal. I can do that easily.

I have $450 or so on William Hill and I am going to be much more patient with my play. No more raising J7 suited just because I have the button. I am also going to play the dollar tables as for a little while, the pound tables were whispering my name. Not a good thing.

And finally, I am going to post more on this blog. I have a blog, may as well use it.

Heres to hoping

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

team event coming up Andrew you in?

cambo

Danny said...

Why do you bother?
Stars offers great player base, massive range of stts etc...may i suggest the 27 man stts for bankroll building, focus on them only you will do well believe me.
William hill and cash is soul destroying, the site is monstorous..ok you get a few quid a month rackeback..but sitting thier hours on end raising from the button with premuims to make a small prof is absoultely soul destroying!! PLUS WILLIAM hill customer service is a total foookin joke!! and dont even think about their stts they are a complete farce...like I said stars is the only site on the net that offers a complete package.

Knightsridge said...

Cambo, PM'd you. I am in for sure.

Daniel. I love Stars. I played on Stars since my beginning in online poker. The amount of players, the choice of games, and customer service really are second to none. That being said, they do not offer rakeback. That can add up, and after you finish a session on Stars, if you break even, you do just that break even. On other sites with rakeback a break even session, sees you make a small profit. Soul destroying? No, its poker and I love it. Not soul detroying at all. As for the SnGs, well read todays new post.
Thanks for the comments though! Love a new reader who can offer a new perspective on things!