Thursday, March 15, 2007

Will Hill Cash and Other News

Well this past weekend was not exactly the money earner I had hoped it would be. SnGs though fun, are difficult to make a lot of money from. This is especially true when essentially it was coming down to a coinflip everytime. So the last few days I have been playing cash games, but not 15-25, rather 25-50. Not a massive jump, but I thought the games were a little softer and this would let me deal with the jump in stakes. I have made about $200 since Monday, which is not bad at all. I am playing good poker and really enjoying it. I am going to give the SnG's a miss for a little while

Last night the stuff I ordered from Stars arrived, albeit 13 weeks after I ordered it. An aboslute nightmare getting the stuff (the first order was lost so Stars had to send another one). They were great however in shipping me a second order, and a woman named Linda from the FPP store did a top notch job with customer service I would rate 10/10. So last night I was excited to get the stuff. A duffel bag, grey hoodie, basketball jersey, soccer jersey, and coffee mug. I know I know, why do I need this stuff? Well the bag because I travel a fair bit (I am Canadian, the fiancee is Irish, we live in Scotland, and we work in New York in the summers) The hoodie because, well I dont play poker (live or online) without one, the mug because I can now take tea on the train into work each morning, and the jerseys....well.....no reason other than I had a bunch of points and thought what the hell. I will post some pics of them later.

After I got the package I thought I would play a Stars sat for the Sunday Million using yet more FPP points. I bought into the 1800 FPP turbo sat with 30 players giving away 4 seats. I came 9th. I had a stack of 3000 and was in the small blind. It was folded to me and I pushed with 94. With 900 in blinds and I think 500 in antes, it was the right move until....the BB instacalled with TJ. TJ!!!! What was he beating. I know he knows I am bluffing, but you cant call a bluff without a hand yourself. He would have been crippled as well if he lost that pot. I went back a little later to see if he won a seat and he did....damnit, he did. I may try a WSOP sat with the points I have left tonight, we'll see.

Mike, a friend from college, also sent me some money on Stars that I am gonna try and build up a small roll for sats and tournies. (after the fiancee's little bro killed my roll accidentally on a 2-4 table) No more cash on Stars when I have rakeback on Will Hill, but deepstack tournies, and sats for EPT are great on their, and an EPT seat is what I really want for next year. I am gonna be gunning for it!

I have also been toying with the idea of having certain games on each site. Full Tilt for SnG's, Will Hill for cash, and Stars for sats and special tournies like Deepstacks. Any other tournies, I can have a look around and see what I like. It would allow me to totally adapt to each site and the players on there as well as the structures. However, this is not going to happen until resizeable tables on Full Tilt are available. I have tried numerous times to get them, but for some reason, each time I open the Beta version, it wont let me. I may email Full Tilt and ask whats up.

Thats about it for now, student tourney tomorrow which should be fun, and possibly some live poker this weekend (I have not played live in over 3 months.....wow) It's just that every time I mean to play live, I just think about how easy it is to stay home and play online and the idea of live goes out the window.

We'll see.

No comments: