Saturday, March 10, 2007

Saturday

I read Killer Online Poker 2 by John Vorhaus recently. A very good book, and it had a cool section near the end, where he played 24 straight hours of online poker and documented it. Though I am not playing for 24 hours, I am going to play most of the day and as I play I will record the hands, my mood, or any other tidbits.

Woke up. Showered. Cleaned up the flat a bit. Now...poker

9:30am - Game : 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music : Joshua Radin - Closer

Got too attached to 77 against aggro player down a bit
TT I raise, 1 caller, flop is 963, all in, called by 99, turn is Ten!
AQ v 33 I hit an ace now 3 handed Im in first
And Im out. Bully with QJ and called by JJ then guy hero calls with Q6 v my 44

-11 pound

9:48 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Jurassic 5 w Dave Matthews - Work it Out

No cards...5 handed still in there...there is a massive cl
QQ, take down some min raisers and limpers
AQ all in...called by A2....2 hits

-22 pound

10:04 - Game - 20 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Dave Matthews - Say Goodbye

no cards...5 handed

J4 hearts - 3h 6h Js all in..called by JT...no help

this is unreal

-44 pound

10:15 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Coldplay - Fix you

AQ I raise...get min raised, I call flop is QQ3. I check, he bets I call. Turn is a T, I go all in he calls with AA, no miracle.
5 handed...small chipleader
4 handed 2nd place
AK all in called by A3 it holds...3 handed
heads up
KJ v his A4 no help...2nd place

-40 pound

10:31 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6Pac
Music - Dispatch - The General

77 all in called by AA limper who was slow playing....7 on river....boys and girls....DO NOT SLOWPLAY
88 v AJ, holds
3 handed 1st place barely....all 3 are close
I WANT THIS ONE!
tight game
QQ played to perfection...heads up...I am cl
KQ beats AJ...first place...finally

-6 pound

10:50 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Paolo Nutini - Last Request

5 handed..picked up one pot in the BB from blind on blind
4 handed 3rd place...but low blinds
TT loses to KJ...A on board had to check as out of position and J on river
AQ loses to KJ...flop is KK4

-17 pound

11:01 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Dave Matthews Band - #41

1st hand I get AK..raiser to 60 I go all in..he calls with A9 it holds
4 handed...chipleader
2rd place of 4...no cards
3 handed 2nd place
I push with A8 and chipleader calls with 22!!!! At best he is a coinflip...incredibly bad play. He would have been crippled if he lost as well.

-28 pound

11:18 - Game - 20 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Snow Patrol f Martha Wainwright - Set Fire To The Third Bar

playing well ....bit of a rush of cards
AK stands up to A5
AQ stands up to A7
3 handed...chip leader
guy hits a flush when i hit a straight
close game 3 handed...all within 200
JJ holds v KQ
heads up with cl
ok listen to this hand....I have J6 and he calls my BB. I check. The flop comes T65. he bets 300 and I call. The turn is a 4. He bets 300 again. I go all in. He calls with 35 and hits a 3 for two pair. Unreal.
Oh....but I ended up winning. A8 v K4 held

+40 pound

11:42 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Counting Crows - Mr. Jones (live on VH1)

AQs takes down small pot early
AK no good v AJ...down a little
Just hit a straight and got paid for it
2nd of 5
4 handed 2nd place
make that 3 handed 2nd place
shortie becomes chipleader...weird game this is
heads up
2nd place - pushed with A2s he called with A3 and we each hit...wasted chance. damnit.

+44 pound

12:00 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Eels - Fresh Feeling

nothing doing card dead
5 handed 4th place
now 5th place...nothing close to a hand
pushed with A6 called by chip leaders QQ

+33 pound

12:10 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Matchbox 20 - Kody

this card dead thing seems to be a trend
AQ v 88 no good

+22 pound


************BREAK TIME, GOING TO THE SHOP FOR MILK*********

special K with berries and skim milk. Breakfast/lunch of champions.

1:05 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Matt Nathanson - Laid

nothing big....all pretty even after 10 hands or so
AQ in BB UTG raises UTG+1 reraises, button calls. I fold, ends up all in JJ v 99, A on flop. damn
4 handed 3rd place
push w K7...chipleader calls with TJ??? I hold
3 handed...all close
heads up
all in w A7 called by 9T???, T on river.
Grrrrrrrrr

+26 pound

1:20 Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Jack Johnson - Seems to Me that Maybe

too aggressive with 44
too aggressive with flush and straight draw
enough said

+15 pound

1:28 - Game - 20 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Joshus Radin - These Photographs

66 hit a set...not paid off
54 on a 865 all spade flop. he bets min, I call. 5 on turn, He bets min, I call. 9 on river, he bets min again I call, he has 99. ???
I am shortstacked and in 3rd place of 6...weird
doubled up AK v AQ
2nd of 5
3rd of 4
3rd of 3
treading water
AQ hits v KK
heads up
damnit second. didnt hit anything. He called with Q8 v my J7 when I pushed. Left me shortstacked.

+23 pound

going to take a little break right now and watch some of the Ireland Scotland rugby game. I am costing myself so much money with all these 2nd places. I am missing that one hand heads up hand that puts me over the top. going to just stop for a little while and hopefully come back ready for firsts.

ok.....ready to play

2:27 - Game - 20 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Dave Matthews Band - Crash

5 handed after first hand
4 handed
pushed into AA no help, damn

+1 pound

2:42 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Poalo Nutini - Jenny Dont Be Hasty

I am winning this game.
5 handed in 2nd place
4 handed in 3rd place
AJ hits v 55 now a very small chipleader
AA v AJ holds chipleader (had to avoid a river 9...woulda been very upset!)
JJ no good v K7
3 handed and chipleader
heads up
Bam, first place. 86 hit v AQ

+35 pound

3:03 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Dispatch - The General

I want to win this....make it two in a row.
lose one first hand KK v QQ
have folded AJ twice in first 6 hands
big blind special hits top pair, takes a nice little pot down
2nd of 5 barely...close stacks
2nd of 4
K9 runs into A9 blind on blind im gone

+24 pound

3:16 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Josh Joplin - Camera One

going to do no posting this game...focus entirely on game
lost two coin flips. called a shortie's all in with ATs. shouldnt have. He had 66 and held. damnit

+13 pound

3:41 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Augustana - Bullets (appropriate isnt it?)

holding steady 3rd of 5...two big stacks
AK v JJ I hit two aces he hits one jack...thats me

+2 pound

I am currently unable to connect to William Hill....hmmmmmm, says there is a problem communicating between their server and my computer.

Because William Hill isnt happening I hopped on Stars and signed up for an EPT Monte Carlo Sat. 1000 FPP's with prizes for each 8000 points.

I get QQ and with blinds at 15-30 I raise to 300. One caller. The flop comes 469, I go all in, he calls with 44. Cannot believe he called with 44.

And now William Hill is back...weird.

5:30 - Game - 10 pound Thunder
Music - Snow Patrol - Hands Open

KK v QQ, all in Q on flop...enough said

-9 pound

5:35 - Game - 10 pound Thunder 6pac
Music - Coldplay - Fix You

nothing happening
some crazies on the table though..reraising with 3rd pair??? with only 1000 chips people are pot committed
3rd of 5
push A7 into JJ no help

-20 pound

OK, I am getting tired of the Thunders, so I am currently playing a normal 6pac, instead of 6 hands per level, there are 12. Heres to hoping.

5:53 - Game 20 pound 6pac
Music - Jurassic 5 and Dave Matthews - Work it Out

AK no match for TJ, down to 600 chips
AJ v 77...gives me 2 pair and back up to 1200
after playing Thunders for awhile....this is like a deepstack event.
3rd of 5...top 3 are within 150 chips of each other
2nd of 4
AQ v QQ no help

-42 pound

currently playing a heads up shootout and a thunder tourney, doing well in both.

Just won the first heads up round...currently 28th of 90 left in the tourney, 395 started
make that 6th of 85 left
just won my second match
7th of 36
just won my 3rd match...semis now
8th of 17 in tourney
just lost a pot with A5 v KJ, A62 flop...T turn, Q river...lol 6 pound profit for 12th place

-36 pound

finals of heads up tourney
SHIP IT! First Place for $72

-3 pound

Dinner time.

Chicken strips on one plate and on the other? why french fries with cheese and gravy. It is called poutine and it is a Canadian delicacy. Think Im crazy? Try it. Then you'll see....crazy like a fox.


9:12 - Game 10 pound 6pac
Music - Eels - Fresh Feeling

no cards at all
3rd of 5
totally card dead
3 of 4
43 hands played...not one pair pair and AJ was the best Ace
now 4 of 4
AQs reraise and took down a 3x BB raise. gives me some breathing space
3 of 4
A5 beats 55...chip leader
A5 beats A8....oops.....Im chipleader
AJ no good v 62
Q3 beats J7
heads up
ship it....KK beats A5

+31 pound

10:00 - Game - 10 pound 6pac
Music - Coldplay - Fix You

nothing happening...all 6 are left, no big hands by anyone
3rd of 4
aggressive guy to my left is pretty solid
4th of 4 but in ok shape
AQ v 33......diamonds baby...A of diamonds hits a flush
AT no good v shorties 57
99 stands to AJ..... now chipleader
heads up...even stacks
SHIP IT! AJ v Q4 stands to take 95% of chips...then J4 stands v 98 to finish him off

+65 pound

I think I have found my game. However I am glad I played the turbos for the past week or so as they totally prepared me for having absolutely no fear in pushing trash hands.

I have been playing for about 12 hours or so off and on. I think I will call it a day.

But tomorrow is more of the same.

65 pound is not bad. $130 or so is nothing to complain about. Especially considering I love to play, and also, that I am getting 30% rakeback from William Hill, so it will actually come out to be more than 65. Damn straight.



No comments: