Thursday, March 08, 2007

Wow

I arrived home yesterday and the fiancee was nowhere to be seen. She was at some thing at work and would not be home for awhile. So I obviously loaded up Will Hill and Full Tilt, and away we go.

Now. Full Tilt recently came out with a beta version which allows resizeable tables. Fantastic! However recently when I logged on, it required me to download a newer version. This was not an optional upgrade, so of course, I upgraded. This new version of their beta does not allow me to resize. Huh? I have deleted it and reinstalled it, but for whatever reason, no dice. So until I can resize, no SnG's. So instead I take a look at the cash tables and see if I notice anyone. Then, I see him. Sitting on a 50-1 table is a player who I had recently played and noticed was quite terrible. Is .50-1 out of my roll. Yes. Is it +EV to play him, hell yes. I left twenty minutes later up $60. He was getting low and was not reloading, and I hate pot committing myself with a preflop raise, so I left.

On to William Hill. So I hop on a cash table with $25 on a 15-25 table. I get K9 and raise on the button BB calls. Flop is K94. I bet he calls. Turn is a 7. Check, I bet 3/4 of the pot. Calls. River is another 4, he checks, I check. I lose to A4. I get 33 on a 3KA. I bet out, he calls. Turn is a Q, I bet he calls. River is a blank. He checks. I go all in, he calls with TJ. He called a pot bet on the flop with a gutshot and checked the nuts on the river. Genuis or idiot, not sure which. I leave the table with $5 and am not happy.

So I take a look at some SnG's. A six seated thunder tourney (levels go up every 6 hands) is about to start. Now I know I started this blog with William Hill SnG's, and how much I hated them. But last night, I loved them. I won the SnG in twenty minutes. I played a bunch last night and after being down to $410 after a terrible cash table performance, I ended the night on solely SnG's with $600. I am going to keep playing these Thunders for awhile because last night, I was golden. Fantastic.

Heres to hoping.

No comments: