Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Big News From Pokerstars!

I emailed stars last night with a question I expected to be rebuffed with. It went something like this.

Hi,
I recently bought a Mac due to being sick of viruses spyware etc with windows. I was hoping that pokerstars would release a mac user friendly stars program so I dont have to load windows on the machine. I currently play on my fiancee's laptop, but my Mac has better resolution so I would much rather play there.
Thanks
Knighstridge

Well under twenty minutes later I received an email saying that pokerstars is currently testing new software which can be run on a Mac and if I was interested, would I like to help with the testing by playing play money tables on my Mac and report my findings, problems, etc.

How good is that? I replied of course saying I was very interested and the guy forwarded my email to the software department. I didnt get a reply last night, but I am hoping for one today.

If stars came out with Mac friendly software it would be incredible. No need to install Windows on my machine and with my resolution being better than my fiancee's I could have the tables larger than I do currently. Fantastic!

1 comment:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

It was only a matter of time before Stars released a Mac friendly platform IMO. I've always like the Macs and have considered one for a while now and now Stars are joining Full Tilt in supporting them I think I could be tempted to buy one as my next PC / Laptop.

What resolution does your monitor support if you don't mind me asking and do you know if Poker Tracker and Poker Ace HUD will work on a Mac?