Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'll Take It

Played last night and I thought I did pretty well. My idea of playing five tables though did not come to be. As I was on my way home from work I realised something very important. When I four table, one first place of those four games makes me a very small profit. That fact is very important, and one I forgot yesterday when I posted. If I lose three games of a set, I buckle down for the fourth and concentrate fully on 'not going into the red'. If I five table, I need a win and then some. I dont want to ruin what I have going for the sake of one extra game.

I played two sets of four, and that took over an hour and a half. If I am to play 500 SnG's in one month I need to do better than that. Either I play much more, or my goal will be stretched to one and a half months. That being said, I do not want to play foolishly (when I am tired, on a bad streak, more than four tables in one set) to achieve my goal of 500 in one month, but lose money in the process. Money is the main goal and I am not going to lose sight of that.

SnG's played today - 8 (73 to date)

1sts - 3 (23 total)
2nd - 0 (4 total)
3rd - 2 (9 total)

Out of Money - 3 (37 total)

Profit Today - $51.00 ($308.90 to date)

I am currently running very well with an ROI (return on investment) of just over 65%. ( ROI can be figured out by my profit divided by my buy in amount or 308.90(profit) divided by 474.50 (my buyins, which is 6.50 x 73))

I asked a few players who track their stats religiously and they have all assured me that this ROI will be impossible to sustain over a larger number of games and that at some point variance will rear its ugly head. (They say that an ROI around 15-20% is very good) I realise that at some point a losing day is going to happen, but I feel extremely confident when I sit down at the computer and I really do expect to win. I am curious to see how long I can go for at my current pace. Hopefully, a long time.

No comments: