Thursday, January 11, 2007

I Had to Open My Big Mouth

Yes, it is official. I am an ass. I opended my big mouth and talked of how well I was playing and that I expected to win each time I sit down blah blah blah.....ass.

Yesterday I sat down and played a set of four which went well. One first place and after blowing a 12,000-1,500 chip lead heads up a second place. I should have stopped there. The heads up match that I lost was the last of the set and it was an omen. The guy outdrew me six times to win. Six times! The last one being my A7 v his QT on a A52 board. He went all in and runner runner T T he wins. I should have got up and walked away. But no, of course I didn't. I played another thirteen 6.50 turbos and had a whopping one second place to show for it. Yes, thirteen games played, one cash. At one point during my third set I was all in with AA v 88, KK v AK and AK v K8 within twenty seconds of each other. I lost each one. 88 hit quads, the AK hit a straight, and K8 hit four to a flush. Unreal.

I have decided that tonight will be pokerless. I am going to go for a run after work, something I have not done in awhile, and something that when I did was great for clearing my head. After that, I am going to sit down with the fiancee and watch a dvd, oblivious to anything in the poker world. No poker sites, no poker forums, and no poker books. Pokerless.

PS That being said, I am going to make up for a pokerless evening tomorrow night when the fiancee is going to dinner with friends. I am aiming for 20-24 SnG's so I could use the break tonight.

Ok fine...urggggh
Here are the (disgusting) stats

SnG's played today - 17 (90 to date)

1sts - 1 (24 total)
2nd - 2 (6 total)
3rd - 0 (9 total)

Out of Money - 14 (51 total)

Profit Today - -$49.90 ($259 to date)

1 comment:

Daleroxxu said...

The downswings do happen, at any level.

Check out this post i made 6 months ago.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=13678.0