Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Almost

Played two $25 SnG's and was bombarded. No luck at all. Not cool at all.

I had 42 in the BB and UTG flat called at 75-150 as did two others. I figure the UTG is either mediocre AJ KJ etc or massive KK AA and the others are not that strong as they didnt reraise. I check. The flop comes 429. I know I am ahead of everyone as I didnt think 99 would flat call with so many limpers. I check. UTG bets out 300 one limper calls. I go all in. The UTG calls immediately and I figure AA, the limper folds. He flips over A9. Wow, what I put him on preflop but to call straight away. The turn is a Q, river.....another 9. I am out.

The other I pushed with A4s five handed hoping to steal and the SB called with 77, no help. Not a bad beat, just unlucky, as I was card dead and it was the first time I had a suited ace in forever.

I was unhappy and uncomfortable so I told myself to buckle down and play focused poker. I also thought that playing two games would be good so I didnt try 'too hard' and start pressing where I shouldn't. I signed up for two $15 SnG's and we were off. I played really well in both.

In one I slow played KK preflop (hoping for no ace on the flop) and it came Q high. I got in a raising war with another short stack who I was 95% sure had AQ. The money went in, he had AQ, I win a monster and am massive chipleader five handed. I press smartly, min raising small stacks, putting average stacks all in, and I get first place. Unfortunatly as I am playing heads up I am three handed in the other and I end up folding a few hands instead of taking blinds to ensure a first place finish in the other. In the end I get third when I push ATs into AJs. No help but still, profit.

My confidence is back and I play another $25. Three handed I am chipleader and I push T4s from the button. The SB calls and so does the BB! they flip over 44 and 77. Any ten and I win. No help, and I am down to 13400 - 100 heads up. I get back to 1000 but I lose with A9 to TJs. I am happy with my play (I should have been a monster three handed but the guy I went heads up with had hit a Q on the river four handed when his JQ got lucky against my A7. It wouldnt be so bad preflop, but the money went in on an AQ5 flop). Next time.

Almost at $700

Pokerstars Balance - $688.01 (Not bad from $25 eh?)

No comments: