Tuesday, December 26, 2006

When It Rains It Pours

Well being that time of year when we could all use a boost to the wallet, I found myself up a little on stars this morning. I took advantage of my good form lately and withdrew everything but $600. I know that may seem like a lot, but my credit card needed paying and with Christmas presents on the go, it seemed like a good idea.

So I now had $600 dollars (notice the word 'had') and I immediately hated seeing my balance being displayed with only three digits. Yuck. I figured that a few solid hands and I could be right back to $1000 and a nice cashout still in the mail. I went on to a 50/1 table. I got KQs in the BB my first hand. Not one of the first hands, THE first hand, it was raised to $4 by a big stack and I called. Flop comes KKJ. Nice. I bet $8, he raises to $20. Hmmmmmm. Am I behind here? I flat call the $20. Turn is a Q. THE NUTS. I check. He goes all in. I call. River is a J. He flips quads. God damnit, the guy hit a one outer. The table starts berating this guy on his luck. I think I now know why he had a big stack. Disgusting hand, total cooler. I log off the table not wanting to see his stack with my money and I go to another table. After about six hands or so, I get AA on the button. I raise to $5 with two limpers. The small blind calls, the BB reraises me to $15. The limpers fold and it is back to me. I re-reaise to $40. The small blind folds, the big blind then goes ALL IN!!! I call immediately. Because it is a cash game, the cards are not flipped over. The flop comes Q67 turn is another Q river is a T. He flips over AQ. I couldnt believe it. I wanted to kill him. Honestly? What the hell could I do? I went from total confidence with hopes of erasing my cash out, to my present balance of $371.97. (I lost another $29 when I went to a table after the AA hand and logged off after a few hands before any more damage was done)

I am sick right now. I am glad my cashout is on its way but I feel totally defeated right now. I am going to the fiancee's parents' summer home tomorrow for five days. There is no internet access there so I am taking a break from internet poker. I am glad in a way as it gives me time to regroup without the temptation to log back on. I am not sure what tables I am going to play, not sure if I can play the 10/25 tables or the 25/50. I may play some turbos again. I dunno. Really mixed feelings right now.

Until I post again in five days...may your cards be lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sick, sick hands there! But at the same time it shows you and your readers the importance of good bankroll management. 2 horrific beats have crippled your bankroll, having 20-30x the buyin would mean although these beats would have stung, they wouldn;t have made much difference overall.

Drop down to the NL25 tables mate, they are so soft it is untrue. As Hellmuth said "if it wasn;t for luck I'd win every game I played in" or something like that. I believe that about NL10 and NL25!

Best of luck rebuilding!