Saturday, December 16, 2006

Sorry for the lack of updates but....

Have been busy with my new computer which is abolutely sick. Plus my ipod has been amazing and I downloaded a poker game off itunes. I still cannot get over the graphics.

Anyways, I am playing cash games still on stars. I was playing the lower limits and I decided to take a shot at some bigger tables. I played some 1/2 NL tables. I am holding my own and showing a pretty good profit each time I have played them. Though they are a little over my head I find I focus much more. Plus the players respect raises much more then the lower limits.

Plus tonight I played the most profitable hand ever. Here it is.
PS The villain in the hand had just gotten very lucky on me and took me for an 80$ pot.

PokerStars Game #7458127997: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2006/12/15 - 19:40:32 (ET)
Table 'Laertes V' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: DevilFromNJ ($90 in chips)
Seat 2: Knightsridge ($143.10 in chips)
Seat 3: scottmack89 ($93.50 in chips)
Seat 4: bashturd ($148.30 in chips)
Seat 5: jpokerstud1 ($92.75 in chips)
Golfnfool will be allowed to play after the button
DevilFromNJ: posts small blind $1
Knightsridge: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Knightsridge [6s Ks]
scottmack89: calls $2
bashturd: raises $4 to $6
jpokerstud1: folds
DevilFromNJ: folds
Knightsridge: calls $4
scottmack89: calls $4
*** FLOP *** [Ts Qs Tc]
Knightsridge: checks
scottmack89: checks
bashturd: bets $10
Knightsridge: calls $10
scottmack89: folds
*** TURN *** [Ts Qs Tc] [Jh]
Knightsridge: checks
bashturd: bets $10
Knightsridge: raises $20 to $30
bashturd: calls $20
*** RIVER *** [Ts Qs Tc Jh] [As]
Knightsridge: bets $44
bashturd: raises $58.30 to $102.30 and is all-in
Knightsridge: calls $53.10 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bashturd: shows [Qc Kc] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
Knightsridge: shows [6s Ks] (a flush, Ace high)
Knightsridge collected $291.20 from pot

I know that he could have had the boat but each time he hit the flop before this hand he checked and was very straight forward poker. I did not feel he was slow playing a monster. I raised the turn so if a danger card came out that did not help me I could represent the ten in the river. As it happened the A of spades came and was the best possible card for me.

Pokerstars Balance - $701.61

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering as I know you mentioned previously that your new machine was a mac what model you went for?

Seriously considering taking the plunge myself and going for a macbook (think the macbook pro is out of my budget for the moment). Is it the 13.3" screen macbook you got and, if so, how do you find the screen size?

Hope you don't mind me bugging you with questions in your comments!

Cheers,
Derek.

Knightsridge said...

You are not bugging me at all. Only way you can find out answers is to ask.

I bought a MacBook. The pro was out of my price range as well. The screen size is fine. Honestly I dont miss the bigger screen as the pixels and the graphics make up for it. They really are fantastic.

The only problem with the mac is it is not pokerstars friendly. I am currently still playing on my fiancee's machine. Although when I go home to Canada in April, my unle who is a Mac whiz, is going to install a progream called bootcamp which allows windows to run on a mac. I would do it myself now, but Windows Vista is coming out soon and I dont want to guy XP and then have it be outdated so soon.

Hope this helps Derek
-Knightsridge

Anonymous said...

As far as I am aware you can play Full Tilt on a Mac and you would qualify for 27% rakeback if you've not had a real money account there before.

NL200 eh, very very risky strategy there Knight! I'll play with 15x Buyins but much prefer 20-25 x buyins so between $3000 and $5000 I'd need to play NL200! From your last bankroll update you don't even have 3 buyins for NL200! Glad to see you're running hot and haven't had a bad start to your new cash career!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear the screen size isn't a problem. You've helped me move another step closer to a mac!

Cheers,
Derek.