Friday, December 29, 2006

New Year's Resolution and Other Stuff

OK, I am going to Donegal to the fiancee's summer home later today (we were supposed to go yesterday but we got back from Belfast too late) and I thought I would post my resolution before New Years rather then after (as I said, no internet access there).

The past few days I have not played any poker but I have been thinking a lot about my situation. I want to be back to $1000 and beyond as soon as possible. That being said I want to go about it a smart way. ie patience. I know I am a good poker player, I just have to make sure that I dont handicap myself before a card is dealt. I need to play at limits I can afford and games where I think I can win.

So, to go along with this, my New Years resolution is a simple one. I will NEVER ever again have more then 10% of my bankroll on the screen at once. That means that not only will I not have more then 10% on one table, but I will not have more then 10% of my roll on many different tables at the same time.

I think that I can hold to this, and it will keep me from doing anything stupid. ie Boxing Day. I need to have a sizable roll to do what I want to do. (Qualify for 2007 WSOP, qualify for EPT event next season) and I cant do that with my current roll.

I just played a $13 six handed turbo and after all the six handed cash games I was playing, it went quite nicely. Never in danger, and they were fish. Took it down without risking my chips. Not bad, $33 profit. I am only playing that game today so my confidence is high in Donegal and for when I return to Glasgow. I plan on playing quite a bit online as well as some live at the Cincinnati Club so I want things going smoothly.

My roll is now 404.97. Workable and manageable. My immediate goal is to be at $1000 by Jan 31st. I will be playing mostly SnG's I think, but I may throw in some cash games as well. (obviously all will be in my 10% range)

Heres to hoping.

No comments: