Thursday, December 21, 2006

Up and Down

Well last night started out with me looking to add to my increasing bankroll and continue towards my goal and beyond. Instead I suffered numerous bad beats and was just getting unlucky. This hand was by far my favorite. I have QQ on the button. There are two limpers so I raise making it four dollars to play. Only the BB calls. The flop comes J87 with two hearts. He checks and I bet eight dollars. He calls. The turn is an offsuit 5. I bet eighteen dollars. He calls. The river is a 4. He checks again. I am a bit bewildered and fearing a check raise check behind. He flips over J6 for the straight. I type in 'huh?' and he responds, "I been practicing that one all night, you like that?". I say "lol, nh I guess" and that was it. I realise that is just one hand and nine times out of ten I win a nice pot, but hands like these were happening as well. I raise with JJ and the shortstack calls for 75%of his stack. The flop brings an ace, he checks, I put him all in and he calls with A9. I have AQ and raise and another shortie calls for 75%of his stack. Flop comes 369 and he goes all in. I call for value with two overs and he wins the pot with Q9. Silly really, and I wasnt too mad to be honest but just annoyed.

I ended up taking a break and watching tv with the fiancee. I hopped back on and won most of it back and finished at $960. Respectable and totally workable back to my $1000.

Heres to hoping

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With your QQ hand I raise it 4xBB + 1BB per limper so I make it $6 to go (I assume you;re NL100 here!). I'd then probably bet the pot on the flop but then play it as you did. The guy is a donkey and would almost certainly have check-raised you leaving you with a difficult decision to make.

Gotta love the short-stack donkeys calling the majority of their stacks off with those hands. Since it won this time they'll probably do it again and donate their chips to someone else!

Good luck at those fish filled tables!

Knightsridge said...

You are right I priced him in. Although I still think he would have called at $6.

I am hoping these fish are still swimming as well.