Tuesday, December 12, 2006

New Computer and Pokerstars Balance Status

My computer should be arriving today and I am extremely excited to get it. Was hoping for it yesterday but after phoning UPS three times to confirm it was coming before seven o'clock last night they said the roads were too bad and that today would have to be the day. I really hope I am home from work in time as after three deliveries I have to pick it up or pay a charge or something, not sure what. Just hope I am home in time.

Pokerstars has been great lately. Really enjoying playing again and it has definitely raised my appetite for poker again. So many possibilities when playing without fear of getting 'eliminated'. I must say that when looking at what table to join I like playing heads-up or three handed as my aggression bascially runs the table over. I just love it as well when people sit down at a table with half the buy-in allowed. For example, people sitting down at 25/50 blinds with twenty or twenty five dollars. I sit down with fifty (the max) and stack them most times or take a good chunk out of them. It is fantastic. Im not sure of the logic behind this, but they do it. It has actually become so good that I leave tables and find new ones starting up, play a few hands, then when it fills up, I leave again. Not sure if that is 'proper poker etiquette' but to be honest, I see people doing it and no one complains so I figure it is alright. I am going to try and focus on this more by jumping on tables for short stints as I find that six handed my profit goes down. I was doing well but ended up losing some, then getting it back, losing it again, winning it back etc. I am currently sitting on $520 or so, and I am hoping to keep playing the 10/25 cent tables as I get accustomed to cash. I need to stay focused right at the beginning of a session especially as I find the first few hands I play reckless and then spend another twenty minutes winning it back. If I can avoid the downswing, my balance should soar.

I have thirteen days left before Christmas. Not sure $1000 by then will happen, but I am going to try. Fifty dollars a day is more than manageable, just have to avoid the days when I lose fifty.

Heres to hoping

No comments: