Thursday, December 21, 2006

Collusion

Something interesting happened this morning when I hopped on pokerstars for some hands before I headed for work. I was looking at the .50/1 tables trying to find some low stacks and low pots. When all of a sudden I see a table where the average pot was $200 with only two players playing. WTF? So I click on the table and watch the action while brining up the table's hand history. There has been one hand played. OK. I look at the hand in question. The hand went like this. Both post blinds, player one raises $43, player two reraises $54, call. Flop comes 55T. Player one bets $3 all-in player 2 calls. Player one ends up showing 73offsuit, while player two shows 5h6h for three of a kind. I am extremely puzzled. I watch as player one reloads for another 100 and proceeds to raise preflop $70. Player two calls. The flop comes rags and Player 2 goes all-in. Player one folds. I type in 'WTF' as an observer just as two new players arrive at the table. A new player who has put up $100 then says 'cheating?'. I say 'Maybe, not 100% sure'. The player who has won both pots then says 'F U'. The new player then says 'I am reporting this to stars'. Player two then says 'Report what?'. New player responds 'Chip dumping, I am reporting it'. Immeditaely both players leave the table at the same time. I stick around to make sure the reporting gets done as I dont want to have that happen again. I ask the player if he intends to report it. He says, 'not right now while Im playing but after'. I am afraid he will forget and I tell him I will do it. I emailed support@pokerstars.com explained the situation and I am hoping I hear back from them after school.

I will update the blog when I hear more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stars are brilliant at things like this and go into so much depth it is unreal. Let's hope if they were chip dumping that Stars gets to the bottom of it and stops the cheating bar stewards before they get to cash out!

Knightsridge said...

How right you are Yorkshire!