Monday, December 11, 2006

FPP Rewards on Stars

I didnt realise until yesterday how close I am to reaching the silver level status of the FPP Rewards on Pokerstars.

Every player on stars automatically becomes a bronze player on signing up. If a player accrues 1500 points in a month then they are elevated to silver. Gold is 3500, platinum is 10,000 and I believe supernova is 100,000 in a year. The benefits of becoming a silver star member are not that spectacular. You get bonuses on your FPP account by getting them quicker, and there are a few monthly freerolls which Silver stars can enter through satellites. I recently played a 1000 sat for the EPT and I plan on playing more in the future, but I also wanted something to show for my time on stars. Therefore due to the amount of traveling I do (Ireland for fiancee, Canada to go home, and New York where I work in the summer) I purchased a Pokerstars Travel Bag. It was 1000 points and I thought what the hell. Better then nothing. I think I may also buy something again next time I have enough points rather then play sats. I will then wait for the FPPs to get bigger due to my silver level status when they give me 1.5 x the normal amount.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're earning enough points to hit the higher levels of the Stars VIP scheme have you ever thought of playing elsewhere and getting rakeback?

Knightsridge said...

I have tried other sites but to be honest I dont think they compare to pokerstars. Maybe in the future I will look, but for now, I like stars. But you are right, I should be looking at other sites