Friday, December 08, 2006

What the Coyote Said

Whenever you have a picture of Wile E Coyote on your poker blog, it is never a good thing.

Last night I played some $6 turbos to get warmed up, played ok, got a first and a third, meaning a little profit. Fired up some $15 turbos, got fried with two out of the money finishes. Not fun. Tried some more $6 turbos again, did ok again, nothing spectaular. Tried a $25 SnG, got second place, so not bad, then tried another $25 and lost. So I played three more $6 turbos, hoping if I win one, it is a little more profit then if I had played four and won one. I didnt win one. Ho hum, loss of $25 for the night, down to $550.54.

My idea of playing $6 turbos to get warmed up is a tough one as the games really are vastly different from the $25's. I am going to have to go back to the drawing board in terms of strategy.

Some very exciting news last night however, was that the Cincinnati Club announcing that Friday nights were returning to £25. Yessss. Big up to Fergus8 the card room manager who tried £75 night, but after they were not as successful as he would have liked has returned. I had no problem with the £75 nights, as even though I didnt play them, I hoped they would succeed for the good of the club. They werent as popular as expected and Fergus8 has done the right thing for them to return to £25. I am hoping to go in tonight but I have had a cold the last few nights and I cant shake it. I'll see how I feel. My live game is running well right now (bar the AK hand at the Wabash) and I am confident. My online game also improved after a strong showing live, so maybe it would do the trick. Either way, the fiancee is going out tonight, so poker will be played, or my name isn't Knightsridge. Which it is.

No comments: