Thursday, November 30, 2006

Cincinnati Festival

Today is the opening day of the Cincinnati Club poker festival. Looking forward to it. I have not played live in awhile and I am anxious to get back to the felt rather then sit at my computer. (I do love playing online, dont get me wrong, just a nice change is all).

Tonight's event is the team event, and I am on a pretty strong team. There is me, Timaloy, hairydude, cambo, and craig from the Wabash. (These are all names from the Blondepoker.com forum) so I think we have a good shot. With twenty four teams the tourney is packed and fergus8 (the tourney director and also on Blondepoker.com forum) has done a good job organising it.

The format is simple. Every player is put at a table of ten players. Every table will have representatives from different teams and no team members will play on the same table. Each player begins with 5000 chips and a SnG commences. When a winner from each table is crowned points are awarded to each team. A win for each player is worth 15 points to his team, second place 10 points...all the way doen to eighth, ninth, and tenth which are negative points for your team. After all the tables are through, the team with the most points advances to the final. The next top 6 teams go to the semifinals while the other teams are eliminated. Second place through seventh place then play another SnG with a member from each team at each table. However, instead of starting out with even chip stacks, the teams are given stacks based upon their finish in the earlier SnG. Second place team members will get 8000 chips to begin their tables, third place 7000, fourth place 6000 etc. The team that ends up with the most points out of this round advances to the final. The final is five games heads-up against the winners from the first SnG. The team that wins three or more wins.

The entry fee for each team is £210, or £42 per player. The first place team will receive £3000 (£600 per member) while second place will receive £1500 (£300 per member).

I could do with £600! Especially as that would allow me to play Friday's comp (£75 freeze) and maybe even Sunday's main event. Although at £200 for the main event I would have to feel pretty confident to put that amount on one tourney.

Heres to hoping

PS I played three SnG's last night. One $25 turbo and two $15 turbos. I got third in the $25 and a third in a $15. I was chipleader in the third place $15 turbo and four handed I put a medium stack all in with JJ. He called with AQ and hit an ace. He shouldn't have called for his life, but he did and won. C'est la vie

Pokerstars balance - $453.01

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beware of the RUSSIANS
do not accept any dinners or drinks
in fact just blank the bastards