Sunday, November 12, 2006

Reflection of Recent Play

My play in the last three to four days has been solid. I have integrated some MTT's in and the results monetarily speaking have been desolate, but for my poker game have been immense.

I began to look at playing SnG's as a grind. The end of a turbo SnG is fast and all in is the only move. To start one up again is very tedious. Folding things like AJ and 77 so as not to lose chips early. It begins to wear down poker theory and it becomes just a game of couting how many rounds you can sustain and predicting a short stack's breaking point before the inevitable all in will occur.

MTT's however, have a semblance of normalcy and balance. A player leaves but a new one comes along. My luck in these MTT's recently has not been good. AK v AJ, KK v AK, KK v AJ have all been my exit hands in recent attempts. This is encouraging. I feel that I will have a serious cash in the near future. However, to go along with these non cashes, my roll has depleted somewhat. Enter 'renewed sense of urgency' in SnG form. My SnG performance now allows me to play these MTT's as I feel I can replace lost money quickly. Each of the past two nights I have lost MTT's and immediately played SnG's to replace lost money. And each time I won everything back and then some, as I felt the need to perform. A somewhat disciplined approach in allowing myself (and my roll) to play MTT's.

I hope to hit a major MTT cash soon, and that my SnG performance allows me to continue for this elusive result.

No comments: