Friday, November 10, 2006

A Stagnant Yo-yo

That's what I feel like. I played last night and after four games I was up fifteen dollars. Nothing to scoff at, I know, profit is profit, but I go up and down and finish somewhere around where I began. Frustrating really.

Yesterday's games were nothing out of the ordinary. I went all in with QQ when it was min raised with five callers. The original min raiser called with AA, no help. These things happen. I played a strange hand where I made up the SB with T4 and the BB checked. The flop came 3T3. I checked, with the hope of either check raising or slow playing my ten into the turn. The BB overbet the pot. Hmmm. I min raised and he min raised me back. Now I know what you're thinking, he has a three but I couldnt believe he overbet the pot with a three and I thought he was then trying to represent a three with the min raise of my min raise. The turn brought a four and I bet 3/5 of his stack. He went all in. By this time I was priced in and called with top two. Of course I knew he had a three but I had four outs (two other fours and two other tens). No help on the river and I was crippled. This hand was very strange though as I couldnt understand why he bet so much on the flop, almost like he wanted me out of the hand. Odd. Lesson learned, dont get in blind wars with bad hands out of position.

I am hoping to play some more tonight, possibly a multi but I am also thinking of playing live at the Cincinnati Club. However, the club started 'every Friday is £75' instead of the last Friday of the month. That is quite a bit of money and paying for the ring this week has put a severe dent in my finances. I will see how I feel later on.

Pokerstars Balance - $485.35

I so badly want to crack $500.....so close!

No comments: