Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hmmmmm

Well I haven't had much time for poker lately. This past Monday night, I got engaged to my girlfriend of over two years. A special day for sure, but the amount of texts, emails, and phone messages has been incredible. Anyways, enough about that, on to poker.

I played four games on Tuesday night and did not play well at all. Because of my lay off I was more excited about playing then actually playing well. Not a good mindset to say the least. I was calling raises hoping to hit and bluffing at parts of the game where bluffing was not needed. The worst hand I played which made me stop playing was when I was in third place of ten left and raised to 3 x BB with JJ. The SB then went all in. He was the chipleader and had a few more chips then me. I know I should have folded, but I called to prove to myself I should have folded. Unreal thought process right? I know terrible. Of Course he had KK and good night me. I got up and walked away. Definitely a good decision.

I played last night determined to do better then the night before. I started strong getting to two final tables in the top three. I ended up losing a coinflip in one and after having the lead heads up, missed 15 outs on the river and got second. Not bad I thought, a few more games are in order. I then proceeded to lose with QQ to A9 and AK to AT. Two hands I dominated in and both times I lose for a large pot. Diifcult to take especially when I wanted some good results.

I am feeling confident though that today will be a solid day perormance wise. My fiancee (wow, no longer my girlfriend) is going on a school trip with some students and will not be home till seven. I am hoping that I can push above the five hundred mark tonight. After all, the first five hundred is the hardest right?

Here's to hoping.

Pokerstars balance - $470.96

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the engagement good life variance is always +EV!!!

I know where you're coming from with the JJ hand. I've lost count of the times where I know I am behind but still call anyway to make sure I was wrong! LMAO!

The first $500 is pretty hard to break through. I'm having to do it all over again with a paltry bankroll of $180 as I've had to withdraw most of my bankroll to cover house expenses, not good. bets of luck for your next session!