Monday, November 27, 2006

I Bought A New Computer

I bought a new computer last night online. It should be here in a week or so. Mine busted a little while ago (the pixels were shot) and I needed one badly as the fiancee was sick and tired of sharing.

I was gonna buy another windows machine, I was looking at a compaq C350, but after looking at different laptop reviews online and talking to some tech whiz friends, I think Apple is for me.

Here is the one I chose: Mac Book (the one in the middle) The details of the machine show it to have an 80 gig hard drive, but I upgraded to the 120 gig. I know what many people are thinking, "AN APPLE! But no more poker!". No that is not true. You can install windows onto a Mac and play poker very easily. There is a program called Boot Camp which is available for free on the net and is designed for exactly that. I plan on having poker sites and pretty much nothing else on my windows as I am sick of viruses and spyware. There are no viruse or spyware on a Mac. I am looking forward to that. Plus, with a mac I get ilife, which is a series of five sick programs which are incredible. Imovie, idvd, garageband, iphoto, and itunes (I know not really worth mentioning as its free but whatever). These programs allow me to make dvds, do some crazy stuff with music and photos, and basically have fun. I am also looking at taking my blog further as a Mac easily makes videoblogging and podcasts very simple. I am especially looking forward to that.

Along with my new computer I bought a new 80 gig video ipod. I have wanted one of these for awhile as I often see some of my students with them, and they look very cool. My current ipod is a 6 gig mini and I pretty much have it full to the brim with music. This sucks because I want to start listening to more podcasts such as cardplayer's 'The Circuit' and Phil Gordons 'Expert Insight'. Plus with a Mac, my ipod will be set to download all these podcasts automatically, making it much easier then hunting them down on my fiancee's machine.

I can't wait for them to arrive. In the meantime, I am hoping the success in the $15 turbos continues.

Heres to hoping

No comments: