Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Why Take Notes if I Don't Use Them?

Last night I played two 18 man turbo SnG's. The first I finished 14th or 15th when I called a raise from the BB with 99. The flop came QJ9. I check raised him all to be shown QQ. No problem, set over set is not a bad beat in my books, just unlucky. The second however, I did have a problem with.

It was down to five handed and I was third in chips. With blinds at 400-800 I was in the SB with A8 spades. The cutoff then flat called the BB. Now, two minutes earlier I had just written in this player's notes that he flat calls the BB with large pairs, as he had already done so with JJ and QQ. I notice this, realise he has a big pair, and yet I still pushed. The BB folded, the flat caller called, showed JJ, no help, I'm gone on the bubble. It was so frustrating to think I knew what he had and yet I still pushed into him. What amazes me however, is I dont know why I went all in. I really don't. Almost as if I knew what he had but took a risk in case he didn't. I walked away from the computer at that point I was so frustrated with myself.

I dont know how many games I will play tonight as I have to stay late at school due to parents evening. I hope to be home by 9:30 but I will be exhausted.

Pokerstars balance - 423.97

No comments: