Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Why oh Why?

Well yesterday I was riding high. I had $520 in my account, and with the fiancee going to parents night at her school, I had a two hour window and aspirations of reaching $600. I started off with a different game plan. I opened a $6.50 turbo and a regular $5.50 18 man SnG. I thought that as the turbo fiished, the regular SnG would be heading into high gear with 75/150 blinds and where the min raise is king. It didnt pan out. I got 4th place in the turbo and no place in the regular. I tried again losing both. I tried yet again, losing both. By this time I am getting frustrated and in my frustration I do what I promised myself I wouldn't. I opened a $16 turbo. I know. I am ashamed and feel guilty. I just wanted to see the level of play and if there were any differences in the flow. Although, I must come clean...I played two of them. I know. I shouldn't have but I got unlucky in the first and thought the second would be better. It wasn't. I got 7th place for the big nada.

So here I am, feeling guilty after losing $58 in one sitting. I am a new man though, and I plan on attacking the turbos with a renewed sense of vigour. I have seen the dark side and lived to tell the tale. I am humbled yet again, but feel freed from any further temptation. I will return to the world of $500 bank rolls and hopefully the $600 club will follow soon after.

Knightsridge will be back. (yes I just spoke in the first person, thats how serious I am)

Pokerstars Balance - $462.85

No comments: